THE CLOTHES APPEAL
There are 26.8 million people in need of humanitarian help in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon. Babies, children and vulnerable adults are dying each winter because they cannot keep warm.
Can you help us to collect aid through your churches, friends, schools and communities to help some of the most vulnerable displaced families in the Middle East? We need volunteers to complete our short, online training session then help us collect these items:
- ALL SEASON CLOTHES, adult, child & baby
- NEW UNDERWEAR (no used), with tags or in packaging
- SHOES & BOOTS (polished) in immaculate condition
- Blankets, sleeping bags, sheets & towels in immaculate condition
- Duvets only if like new with no marks or stains
- Wheelchairs, zimmer frames and crutches (paired)
- Moses baskets and baby bedding
- Disposable nappies, sanitary towels & incontinence pads
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes (unopened)
- CARE PACKS for mothers & babies www.samarasaidappeal.org/care-packs
- DIGNITY BAGS for women www.samarasaidappeal.org/dignity-bags
- CHILDREN’S SMILEY BAGS www.samarasaidappeal.org/childrens-bags
Please request an information pack and register with us before starting to collect. www.samarasaidappeal.org/collectors
PLEASE WASH clothes and blankets, and clean and polish shoes before donating. We will not send items that are not in excellent condition with working zips, buttons intact, no stains, no holes.
Please contribute £5 per shopping bag or £10 per bin liner towards the costs of transporting your donations to the Middle East. You can donate through www.samarasaidappeal.org/giving or text SHIP00 £5 or SHIP00 £10 TO 70070.
Displaced babies, children and vulnerable adults die in camps and settlements in the Middle East because they aren’t able to keep warm. 30,000 people are injured every month in the conflict in Syria while around 2/3rds of hospitals have closed or are functioning at a reduced capacity. We are also funding hospitals in Syria www.samarasaidappeal.org
Small parcels can be sent to: Samara’s Aid Appeal, Link to Hope, Park Road, Worthing, West Sussex. BN11 2AN. The office is usually open on week days between 8.30 and 5pm.
These locations are for your own personal donations. If you want to collect aid from your friends or community please request an information pack and register as a collector. www.samarasaidappeal.org/collectors
If you can’t see a donation point in your area, please check back in a couple of days, or request an information pack to find out more about being a collector for us.
SCOTLAND and NORTH of ENGLAND
DUMFRIES and GALLOWAY: Katie: email@example.com
Co. DURHAM, Spennymoor: Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org (Smiley bags and dignity bags only, please)
HARROGATE: Becky: email@example.com
YORK: Joanna: firstname.lastname@example.org
WETHERBY: Derek: email@example.com
If you can’t see a donation point in your area, please check back in a couple of days, or request an information pack to find out more about being a collector for us. www.samarasaidappeal.org/collectors You should receive an email with a link to our information pack in the next few days.