THE CLOTHES APPEAL
There are more than 13 million people in need of humanitarian help in Syria who have lived through savage war, kidnappings, rape and torture. More than 6 million are struggling to survive have been forced from their homes.
Can you help us to collect the aid items below through your churches, friends, schools and communities to help some of the most vulnerable displaced families in the Middle East?
- ALL SEASON CLOTHES, adult, child & baby
- NEW UNDERWEAR (no used), with tags or in packaging
- SHOES & BOOTS (polished) in immaculate condition
- Blankets, sleeping bags, sheets & towels in immaculate condition
- Duvets only if like new with no marks or stains
- Wheelchairs, zimmer frames and crutches (paired)
- Moses baskets and baby bedding
- Disposable nappies, sanitary towels & incontinence pads
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes (unopened)
- CARE PACKS for mothers & babies www.samarasaidappeal.org/care-packs
- DIGNITY BAGS for women www.samarasaidappeal.org/dignity-bags
- CHILDREN’S SMILEY BAGS www.samarasaidappeal.org/childrens-bags
Please request an information pack, watch our short training videos then register with us before starting to collect. CLICK HERE to request an information pack.
PLEASE WASH clothes and blankets, and clean and polish shoes before donating. We will not send items if are not in excellent condition with working zips, buttons intact, no stains, no holes.
Please contribute £5 per shopping bag or £10 per bin liner towards the costs of transporting your donations to the Middle East. You can donate through our GIVING PAGE or text SHIP00 £5 or SHIP00 £10 TO 70070.
Small parcels only (not post or cheques) can be sent to: Samara’s Aid Appeal, Link to Hope, Park Road, Worthing, West Sussex. BN11 2AN. The office is usually open on week days between 8.30 and 5pm.
These locations are for your own personal donations. If you want to collect aid from your friends or community please request an information pack and register as a collector. www.samarasaidappeal.org/collectors
OUR AID APPEALS WILL BE STARTING AGAIN AT THE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER, AND WE NEED INDIVIDUALS AND CHURCHES TO HELP US COLLECT AID. IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP WITH THAT, WHETHER A LOT OR JUST A SMALL AMOUNT, YOU WILL NEED TO FIRST COMPLETE OUR SHORT ONLINE TRAINING SESSIONS. Please request an INFORMATION PACK HERE.
If there is no donation point in your area, please check back in a couple of days, or request an information pack to find out more about being a COLLECTOR for us.